Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Changing Focus

If you have viewed my blog before, you will notice that the title has changed. I have been pondering what I can do that might make some small difference for people and have decided to focus the blog on effective use of the FamilySearch.org website.

\I have served as a Church Service Missionary for the Family History Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since June 2007. Basically that means that I volunteer a substantial amount of time to helping people use the website. I began as one of those people who takes phone calls and answers emails. Then moved to training new folks to do that. Now I create help content for patrons and support agents.

Over the years I have become very familiar with FamilySearch.org and have also come to recognize that few users of the site really get all they could from it. Frustration levels can be high as users try to understand how to use the site to do the things they would like to do.

So, I will post tips here--hopefully on a regular basis--to expand understanding and empower users of FamilySearch.org to use the website more effectively.

I wholeheartedly welcome suggestions for topics to cover. You can email me at nansuty@gmail.com with your suggestions or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment